Not all thoroughbreds are crazy. When I went to SunnyBrook on Tuesday, I took pictures of KD, Lucy, Missy, Grinder, Chief, and Miss T.
Every thoroughbred I've met has been calm. Not boring clam (like a lot of people assume QH's are), but not bouncing off the walls hyper either. A good, steady, reliable temperament and usually good enough movers to show and place well in HUS or even jumping. Joe at Victory is a TB, KD's a TB; Tommy, who used to board at Victory, was a TB. They're all calm, every single one of them. Also, they've been relatively easy keepers, and other than KD's running through a fence incident, they're only had small scrapes and bruises over the years. I love TB's, and I have absolutely nothing against them.
Now. Quarter horses. What the heck do people have against them? There is nothing wrong with a calm, reliable type of horse with a stocky build and good breeding. Honestly, I adore QH's. I love how most are reliable, learn easily, and remember previous lessons quickly and with little reminder. I'm not saying all quarter horses are like that - I've met some pretty nasty ones, too. JW (at Victory) used to like me but the other day he bit me. Oh well.
My point is, not all horses are as the stereotypes that have been put on them say they are. Not all TB's are crazy, not all QH's are deadheads. Just because a few people hate that breed doesn't mean they're the worst breed in the world, and I think everyone should believe everything they want to believe, no questions asked. I personally don't hate any breed, but Morgans are my favorite because I've grown up with them.
I don't hate TB's or QH's, or Morgans, or any other breed for that matter. Just to clear that up.
1 comment:
As much as we all try not to "play favorites," I think we all do. I definitely have the biggest soft spot in my heart for Paints (I wonder why) and I really just like stock-type breeds in general. I, myself, am not a TB person, that's not to say I don't like them, I just can't ever picture myself owning one, but then again I don't think I would ever be single-minded enough to turn down a good horse just because he/she's a a TB (at least I hope I wouln't)!
Post a Comment