So today when we were talking about SF in science class, my teacher told us we would have options this year. We could either do a SF project - which is, obviously, your standard science fair project with testing, discoveries, and such. Or, we could choose to do a Project Based Learning project; worth the same amount of points and just like a SF project, just with less testing and more discovering or researching. The first thing that leaped (lept?) into my mind when we began talking about SF is doing a project on horses, just like last year - only better. Then, when we were talking about our own specific projects, I realized I wanted to do something on the equine digestive system (a very broad topic), or perhaps colic (a more narrow topic).
I'm undecided, but maybe you guys could help me decide. Science Fair or Project Based Learning? Digestive system or colic?
What really helped me in the beginnings of understanding of the digestive system today were Kate's posts at A Year With Horses. Here are the links so you don't have to go searching:
Thank you so, so much to Kate for posting these posts! They have been forever helpful to me! :)
3 comments:
That's a hard one...I think it would be pretty cool to do something with the equine digestive system...you could make a really cool life sized model...I actually almost did something on the topic, but instead decided to do something on body language! Good luck! (No matter what you do, please take pictures and post them!)
Ooh! Life sized would be hard, but I'll bet I could pull it off! We'll see. I CAN promise pictures though!
Thanks for the mention! I don't know - some of the 3-D stuff in the article I linked to is pretty cool and might work in your project.
Post a Comment