While I was waiting for Asia to get out of the arena/roundpen, I took some pictures of Lucy's feet. I've done this a couple times but I don't think I've posted them. Lisa and I have been keeping track of her hoof cracks and healing process for a good couple of months, not necessarily with photos but I know I've said a few things here on the blog about her feet. In fact, I know I've said several things about her hooves and lameness issues. Dying to see the pictures yet? Well here ya go!
![]() |
| Front left |
![]() |
| Back Right |
![]() |
| Back Left. What she's standing on is a drain and some poop (didn't bother to clean it up). She's also kind of holding her foot under her belly instead of under her hip, so it looks like she's got a messed up or swollen pastern but she really doesn't. :) |
![]() |
| Front Right |
Terrible, right? Her feet have actually declined in health since last time I posted any kind of pictures of them. The best looking one is the front right, and I'm not proud of it at all, let alone the other three. Today when I put hoof conditioner I didn't just put it on, I LATHERED it on like there's no tomorrow. I know just once won't help at all, but it made me feel a little bit better.
When Asia finally left - by the way, KD's chest looks loads better; I'm actually amazed that it's healed this quickly - I got some long lines on Lucy and attempted to ground-drive her. But today she was in a pissy mood because of how long it took for us to get out of the cross ties / grooming stall. Oh, well. She tried to kill me maybe three or four times, but eventually stopped because I guess getting hit in the butt or chest with a lead rope isn't really her idea of a cup of tea. After having a halfway-peaceful walk around the round pen, I removed everything but a halter from her and we did a bunch of halter and showmanship work with just me and her. No lead rope. I didn't even touch her halter. THAT is what I call amazing. It felt magical.
Have any of you ever had wonderful, magical moments like that with your horses? Do tell!




1 comment:
I have little magical moments every time I see my guy, but the one that jumps to mind right now is the first time he came to me at the gate when I called him in from his field. I can't explain how I felt; him coming to me when I called was an acknowledgment that he knew me and knew his name and actually wanted to be with me. Magic.
Post a Comment