Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NaNoWriMo!!!!!!

I've decided to do NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National November Writing Month. The goal is to write  50,000-word (175 page) novel between Nov. 1 at midnight and Nov. 30 at 11:59. I've decided to join in this mission. This is going to mean a very, very, VERY stressful end of October and an even more stressful November. But, it'll be exciting, riveting, and heart-pounding all at once.

My only dilemma is deciding what to write about. Do you mind if I brainstorm on here? I hope not!

Ideas
-[Name]'s parents force her to attend an all-girls boarding school, but this means leaving her family, friends, pets, and social life behind. Though [Name] doesn't want to go to boarding school, her parents force her to; so she goes. But she certainly isn't happy about it. She puts a new twist on the typical boarding-school life by being a rebel; she dresses differently, acts differently, talks differently, walks differently, and even has 'different' friends. One day, though, as she is being her typical rebel-self, a new kid arrives at the boarding school. {Name 2} is the exact opposite of [Name]; she acts like shes supposed to, attends tea time, is a straight-A student... but she absolutely despises boarding school. [Name] doesn't know if her and this new girl can get along; this girl might be okay, but she acts like she enjoys boarding school. What could happen?
-[Name] is your typical, average girl in the Middle Ages. She lives her life in a simple home, raises her own food, takes care of herself, and is pretty typical. Eventually, a mighty and powerful ruler from another land attempts to ambush and hold [Name]'s city hostage. One day during the siege, a knock sounds on [Name]'s door. The evil ruler wishes to have [Name] as his servant - what will [Name] do? What could the evil ruler want?

Yeah, that's pretty much my ideas. So.... Yeah. If you'd like to do NaNoWriMo, you can go here and sign up! Once you're signed up, you can add me as your friend. My user name is RiderWriter3. See you there!
-------------
My contesting show is in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lisa's more excited than me. I get to be at Sunnybrook every day between now and then. I'm SO excited!!!!!!!

No comments: