Monday, October 18, 2010

Horse #6

So sorry for the long delay in posting about the Horse Search! We had a horse that we thought we were going to go look at ("Ritzy", a 13 (?) yr old bay mare that was at SunnyBrook at one point), but she was sold out from under our noses, and Troy was talking to the seller (Matt, one of Uncle D's friends), and we discovered that "Ritzy" had tendinitis! Good thing we didn't buy her! Anyways,...

Here is horse #6 and her ad. She is a nice-looking 1999 AQHA mare. I'm not disclosing her name, but you can see it in the ad. It looks like she could suit both my english and western needs, as she has been shown in 4H both English & Western. I'm not getting my hopes up, though - it sounds like she's quite hot-headed, and right now I'm just not ready for yet another difficult horse. I'd like a horse that is calm when need be, but can give some "getup-n-go" when you want it. They're asking $2000 as the top price and $1500 as bottom, FYI. Pictures...

image 2005913559-0
image 2005913559-1

She looks pretty decent. Those of you with AQHA accounts, could you look up her registration number - 3854440 - and tell me her pedigree / history? Just a favor to ask. =} Thanks!

Here is what the seller said about her background / barrel work / other info. Along with the info below, he also said that she has never had any soundness issues or anything of the like.


















(Click to make larger) What do you guys think? I just emailed back asking for pics of her legs and feet. Cross your fingers! This might be the one. But, first I'd like your guys' input. Please, please, please tell me what you think. I beg you! =)

Go hug a horse! <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks decent from a conformation point of view, and their reason for selling is a good one. It's all a question of what you want in a horse. Also, if she's done a lot of speed events, make sure she can stop when you need her to, and also check carefully for unsoundness - speed work can take a real toll on the horse's legs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and ask them for the pedigree - they should be willing to give it to you.