{Running home}
Now, about Cookie. Okay, so I should start at the beginning of the story, right?
Well, Lisa wanted to ride Missy after I'd ridden, so we decided to let her ride outside in Cookie's really cool, really nice, sheltered-from-the-wind pasture. In order for her to get Missy in there and ride in there, though, we had to get Cookie into the arena/round pen. To do that, though, we had to have Cookie and a mare (Missy) in the same space for a very, very, very short amount of time.
"What's the worst that can happen? Missy's old enough that she'll just crow hop, maybe kick a wimpy one at Cookie and move on, right?" Those were Lisa and I's famous last words.
Lisa walked through the round pen and I stood by the gate leading out of the round pen into the aisle just in case I was needed. Cookie trotted around, sniffed, then squealed and made a B-line for Missy's butt. Oh, boy... Cookie practically shoved his nose up Missy's butt, Missy whacked him a good one in the chest, and then threw her legs up and practically stood on the poor mini's back! Cookie screamed and scrambled out from under Missy, running over to the wall to sulk. Lisa swore, led Missy all the way through to Cookie's pen, and closed the gate to isolate Cookie.
Geez. Well, I got Cookie moving to make sure he wasn't limping, and then captured him and poked and prodded him to make sure he wasn't bruised or broken. Poor fellow.
After Lisa's ride, we successfully traded Cookie and Missy's places once again without torturing the poor stud any further. We both felt so bad! But he was OK, which is all that matters, right?
Sigh. I think that's enough words for this Almost Wordless Wednesday (really, Thursday) post. Isn't it?
Someone, please, go make sure your horse isn't hurt. I swear, that little incident scared the crap out of me. Go give your horse a monster hug!! <3

1 comment:
Great picture! It is scary when horses tangle like that - but usually it's OK and over with fairly quickly. Glad Cookie is OK!
Post a Comment