Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't Worry ~ I'm Alive

I haven't died. It's just been a while since I've posted. Trust me, if I had the time, I'd post every day all day for the rest of my life. But school has started, show season is winding down, and we're all getting ready for what this next year (2011) will bring for us. Can you believe 2010 is almost over already? It seems just yesterday that I had all of my cousins over for a New Year's party; drinking sparkling grape juice, watching the ball drop, and hanging out with family.

Really, my horse life has been BUSY. We had a show this past weekend (Saturday, August 29 2010), and it was a busy day. Taylor and I each had 7 classes, Madison had two, Erica had two (jumping, at the END OF THE DAY, before the Western/Contesting though), and Katie didn't come. =( Sad day. Anyways, Erica got a first and a third, Taylor had an AWESOME day but didn't place (crappy quarter horse judge=/), and I got a 4th. Though, all of you MUST be proud of me, because for once in my life I remembered a showmanship pattern and the equitation pattern!

On Wednesday, Taylor and I went CONTESTING OUTFIT SHOPPING! Yes, Taylor does contesting. And guess what! She has a show this weekend. Now, I'm not so sure if she should be running barrels in a show so soon. She's ridden the horse twice and has run the barrel pattern on him ONCE. Now... Lisa *might* be teaching me contesting, but I don't want to show at very big shows (or not at all) until next year. My plan is this:

-at least 3 years of riding Missy on the flat (done!)
-practicing riding Missy on a short or long reign for long periods of time for at least a month (done!)
-practice different exercising with barrels and cantering turns, twists, figure 8's, and serpentines, with lead changes for a few weeks(in progress)
-take a few lessons from Lisa (not happened yet)
-do 4H with Missy for a year (contesting) (yet to be in progress)
-do some small shows with Missy (not happened yet)

Like it? =D I worked hard on it. Took me 5 minutes to think up.

Anyways, I haven't died. And neither has Lucy. She's had her feet trimmed (and stood for the farrier on her bad foot while he trimmed the other three feet), and the wrap is off of her front left foot (her bad foot). She's now allowed to be hand-walked or let out into the arena for a few minutes while Uncle David or I clean her stall. She's getting half a scoop of grain every night and her grain/supplements in the morning. Thanks to everyone's efforts, she shall soon be sound. I've seen her walk and trot, and her walk is almost sound (just a hint of a limp) and her trot is still limpy, but not too bad. Good girl!

Gotta run! A few quick pictures before I go:

Contesting shopping - Tay tried on some new boots and found a random stuffed pony to 'ride'.

Taylor in her new contesting getup.

No comments: