Thursday, September 30, 2010

The WEG USA Dressage Team

I've decided to do a very, very small post about the United States of America World Equestrian Games dressage team. Enjoy! ;)

The USA Dressage Team is composed of four riders. The first is Katherine Bateson-Chandler, age 35, who has competed in the Grand Prix riding competition several times. She mainly rides her 15 yr old Dutch Warmblood gelding, Nartan, but also has a horse that she competed with last year, Dea II. Bateson-Chandler is from Florida, and I have to say she is a very good, valiant and daring rider. Their freestyle performances are very satisfying, and I love their first 2010 Grand Prix ride.

{The above video is their first 2010 Grand Prix ride. LOVE it!}


{Above is Bateson-Chandler competing with Dea II at the 2009 Grand Prix in New Jersey. Stunning pair!}

Tina Konyot, age 48, of Florida, is my favorite rider from the USA team. She has a strong seat and is a very good rider, using almost invisible cues. Her horse, Calecto V, is a 12 yr old Danish Warmblood stallion. He is coal black and is beautiful. One of the most beautiful Warmblood stallions I've seen in dressage. She is one of Calecto V's owners, which makes me like her even more. I love it when people compete with their own horses - it shows that they have the skills to fine-tune and respect their own horse, and not just use someone else's hard work.

{This is their 2010 Kentucky Cup freestyle performance, "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree". Favorite!}


{Their warm-up before going to win the Grand Prix in 2010.}

Steffen Peters is one of the two male riders for the US team. He is 45 years old and is a resident of San Diego, California. His horse, Ravel, is a Dutch Warmblood and is beautiful. Ravel is one of Peters's many horses - Peters likes to bring four- and five-year-old horses up to Grand Prix level and then take them beyond if possible. Steffen isn't one of my top favorite riders, but I think he is greatly skilled and will be a challenge for the other countries to beat.

{Peters and Ravel's 2009 Grand Prix performance.}

Todd Flettrich is the last of the four riders on the US team for WEG. He is 40 years old, residing in Florida, and he and his Danish Warmblood gelding, Otto, are a very interesting pair. Their 2010 Grand Prix freestyle performance is especially interesting to me, considering they made a mistake at the very beginning. I think the video of his 2010 Grand Prix freestyle shows off Flettrich's confidence and perseverance the most.

{The 2010 Grand Prix freestyle.}

That's about it! Enjoy the million minutes of video I just posted! ;)

No comments: