
Ah, the art of dressing up in big, puffy pants and flowing shirts and putting bells, bobs and doodads on your horse. What is this? Most people call it Arabian Costume, but sometimes it is called Native Costume or just Costume. Sorry if I prove some - if not all - of you wrong, but if you call Arabian Costume, Native Costume, you are using improper terminology. Native Costume is when you and your horse dress up as native Americans, not Arabian citizens. For example, Native Costume:


And on the other hand, Arabian Costume:


See?
Typically, in a Arabian Costume class, exhibitors will be asked to show their horse at a walk, canter, and hand gallop. The goal of hand galloping is to have your horse be speedy and pretty, yet controlled. I have no idea why, but in the 'crazy horse' sense, park horses and arabian costume horses seem to be the same.
Usually, in an Arabian Costume class, you will see black, grey, or bay horses (that's the usual Arabian colors), and sparkly, big, eye-catching costumes. There is no standard for how many horses in a typical class. Personally, I have never watched an Arabian Costume class, so I look forward to the experience. Who here has watched an Arabian Costume class? I know you can find some on YouTube. =) That's all for now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment