Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Short But Sweet Post About Monday

I'm going to make this short and sweet... because my last post about Cookie the mini and Missy the quarter horse was very long.

So, on Monday I went out to Victory and saddled up Tarzan. I hopped on (Tarzan moved around a bit less when I got on!!! Yay!) and got going. I kept my reigns loose and didn't give Tarzan any cues that could be misunderstood. We did great; might I just mention that Tarzan is not athletic and he absolutely despises going over poles and small jumps? Now that that's said, I can say this....

We've gotten rid of our stop'n'go problem! Yesss! Progress!

After my ride, I got off, worked on halter while Erica gave a lesson, turned Tarzan back out, and went to help Katie work on a jumping course. Yes, we find great entertainment in designing jump courses; we only have six jumps, so we can't make very complex courses, but it's entertaining. We failed at that, watched Erica's lesson, and then brought the horses in while Erica said good-bye to her lesson students. Erica was taking me back into town at 7 pm, so Eric (Erica's dad), Katie and I brought in the 13 horses. Then, Erica and I took off after saying goodnight to our ponies. ;)

That's about it... short but sweet, right? I promise I'll let ya'll know what happens on Wednesday (Madison is supposed to come and ride Sonny while I ride Tarzan... this should be interesting). Bye bye, ya'll!

No comments: