Friday, April 16, 2010

Randomness - Again

Whew! Alright, I've had quite a day! I've decided that today's post won't mainly be about my ride today, but about Erica and her boyfriend Brandon. ;) Kind of random, but I think you guys'll be happy I shared this with you.

First of all, Erica picked me up from my house today. She came in running - Mom, Jenna Ivy, Luke and I were in the back jumping on the trampoline - and screaming. When she got to us, she was waving her hand in front of our faces. It took a second for my eyes to focus, but what I saw made me go "WHOOP WHOOP!". Yup, Erica had a diamond ring on her left ring finger! My point is this: ERICA'S ENGAGED!

Erica is engaged to Brandon Gore - her boyfriend of about 2 yrs - and what makes it all the better is that today is Erica's birthday! Yay! ;) I am so excited. She says she plans to be married in May or June of next year. I am so excited!

When we got to the barn, I ran out into the mares' (and Taco's) field to grab April. I cantered her bareback up to the barn and hopped off. By the time I had April tied up, Isabelle was here. We had a pretty interesting conversation:

"Erica has a secret," I say.

"What is it??" says Isabelle.

"You'll just have to wait until she gets in here." I say.

Erica arrives, and Isabelle says, "Spit out the secret already!" I point to Erica's hand so that Erica knows what the so-called 'secret' is. Erica's mouth forms an O as she understands.

Running across the arena, Erica stands beside April and puts her hand on April's flank. Isabelle apparently wasn't sure what the secret is, looks from Erica to April and back. Then, she blurts out,

"April's pregnant!" UH, NOOO!

I point to Erica's hand and go, "Look!" Isabelle is shocked.

Isabelle looks at Erica: "You're engaged!"

So Isabelle finally got it. ;) Yes, Erica's engaged. No, April is NOT pregnant. But it's still exciting!

As for Tarzan, I put him in the crossties and he did great. Our stop'n'go problem is still there, looming under the surface, but I think we might be getting an itsy bitsy bit better. Maybe. Just maybe. Anyways, I rode Tarzan with no martingale, and he didn't squirm as much as usual when I got on. Overall, it was a pretty good day. Our canter going Tarzan's good way wasn't bad at all, but I have to admit I was a bit disoriented when we went his bad way. Oh well, we have 36 days left until the HCHC Cinco De Mayo show. Yes, I'm counting down the days. Yes, I'm a bit nervous. All I know is that we have a lot to work on in a short amount of time. I believe we should be able to settle down a bit and not do too bad - maybe 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place at the show, 4th at the worst - and maybe get some good placing. Even if we get horrible placing, like 6th or unplaced, it'll still be worth the practice, right? Of course.

36 days left to go. It seems like it'll be here tomorrow.

No comments: