Wednesday. Half way through the week. Last day of ISTEP+ testing. Day of insane riding.
I rode Tarzan on Wednesday, and we had an extremely bad day. It was so bad, it was pure insanity.
I arrived late, for starters. I ran and got Tar, saddled quickly, and went outside. I attempted to get on by myself, but Tarzan kept moving. When I finally got on (with Erica's help), Tarzan took off at a canter. I made him STOP, back up, and stand still. Even after that, he was still speedy. It was so strange. Evetually, I went inside to canter. Tarzan did well, but then he stopped. Randomly. Right in his tracks. I spent the next 15 minutes kicking him and yelling at him, with the help of Erica and Eric. Eventually, I got him to trot around once. Then, I jumped off and untacked him, throwing him into his stall ad Madison was finishing untacking Sonny.
The worst part of that horrible day? There were, oh, 10 or 15 people watching my every move. Eve worse? They were horse people that I needed to impress. So much for a uniquely impressive ride.
Wednesday was by far my worst ride on Tarzan. EVER.
2 comments:
I'm sorry Gabby... I hope those people realize what a great rider you are...
Thanks, Claire, but really I'm not that great.
Not great compared to Erica and Ellen Whittaker, anyways. Erica is just one swicked awesome rider, and Ellen Whittaker is a famous show jumping rider. Both are awesome riders, and horsewomen.
Thanks, though!
Post a Comment