Who likes the new look? We've got new fonts, new colors, new background... and all the result of me being bored and wanting to spend quality time with my internet before this ice storm knocks it out. Here in central Indiana, the storm is just beginning to hit us with Phase II. We didn't have school today and we already have a 2 hr delay for tomorrow. It's not looking too good. This might actually be a re-run of the 2005 ice storm.
Yesterday, before the worst of Phase I of the storm hit (but while it was still hail/sleet-ing), I went out to SBS to buckle down and take care of business. I did a little Science Fair stuff, then worked a little with Lucy (did a very quick run-through of the 'routine', minus the 'new stuff' part), then tossed two square bales of hay because they've run out of round bale and filled the 300 gal water trough 3/4 the way up. Tossed Cookie plenty of hay and re-filled his water trough, filled Pedro's (the cat) feed and water dishes and shut him in the bathroom because it's heated. I don't know where Blue (the other cat) is and/or if she's still alive or not, but I hope she's found somewhere warm to stay during all this.
I made sure the roundpen was open to the ponies' field as a run-in and double checked KD's feed and water on my way out (she's back in a stall for now). It was a 2 hour visit, but it was worth the work and even after 2 hours in the negative temperatures, I was sweating like crazy!
Anyone else who's in Indiana, I hope you're holed up in your houses with a generator at hand and plenty of food and water! Stay safe and warm!
P.S. I am soooo ready for spring.
P.S.S. If I don't post again for a few days, it's because we'll probably have our power knocked out tonight. Just bear with me on this one.:)
1 comment:
Love the new look! Hope the storm doesn't cause too much damage.
Post a Comment