Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rest In Peace

This is a totally OT post. But please, read on if you believe in angels and God and such. This is important.

Kelsey Koch, a wonderful 20 year old girl who had the DOC 8 disease, passed away today. DOC 8 is a disease where basically your whole body turns against you. Every disease and illness that your body can come up with attacks you from every which way, and most people don't live as long as Kelsey did. You can read all about her journey here. She struggled every day to live and push through and go on, but today she finally had to give in.

Kelsey is truly a miracle. She was kind, caring, and wonderful person who loved everyone and anything. A brilliant dancer and a creative person with a beautiful personality. She will be missed dearly, but somehow I believe God will bring her back somewhere, someway, somehow. I do believe in angels, and I think she truly was one. No - I think she is an angel. She'll be back, trust me; not as herself, but as another, and she'll help the earth in another way.

Konnor, Kelsey's 9 year old sister, has been talking to my sister. She said they had to Skype the hospital to see Kelsey's body, because her body  had to stay at the hospital. Kelsey's request was that her body be donated to science because DOC 8 is such a rare genetic disease. They are in my thoughts tonight as I sit in my living room on my couch by the window, watching the snow float down, down, down... slowly, steadily... I believe Kelsey's spirit is in those snowflakes. She was, indeed, exactly like a snowflake; beautiful, yet so, so fragile.

Please pray for the Koch family. R.I.P. Kelsey. You will be missed. <3

2 comments:

Wolfie said...

I am really sorry to read this, Gabriella. What a lovely tribute for Kelsey. She obviously meant a lot to you. Thoughts are with you and with her family.

Gabriella Elise said...

Thank you, Wolfie.