{Please note... this is a blog post by Tarzan, my big black baby boy. Not by me. Enjoy. :)}
My mom has been neglecting me.
Yes, you read that right. Gabby hasn't been working with me. What did I do wrong? I mean, she feeds me and gives me treats and brings me in most nights, but she doesn't play with me like she used to. She's too busy with Pete. Why should my brother get all the attention? Pete is awesome - not as cool with the ladies like I am, but awesome - but still... Mom was mine first. I should get treats and huggings first.
On Friday night Mom met me outside the barn and wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug, and told me I was handsome and looking better than ever. What is that all about? My leg is ouchy. Sometimes my hooves hurt from the hard ground. How is that better than ever? Mom held onto my mane and walked me down Pete's side of the barn, then across the arena and down into my stall. I was eager to get to my hay and the treats Mom had left in my grain bucket, so I rushed past Mom into my stall. That made Mom mad so she turned me around, took me out of my stall and made me walk inside again.
After that, I ate my hay and munch munch munched on the feeds mother left in my feedbin, and then Auntie Erica (who is really my legal mommy, but Gabby is more like my Mom and Erica more like my Aunt) gave me lots of grain and made me very happy.
I am wondering why Mom and Auntie haven't been riding as much lately. They used to ride all the time. I miss them.
I wonder what other horses miss their moms when they're not there?
Sincerely,
Mr. Zan.
{Gabby back in: He's quite strange, isn't he? I love him anyways.:)//}
3 comments:
Did I miss something? Why isn't Tarzan being ridden??
Well, he's been off in his back right for a while. A couple months ago we had x-rays taken (I think it was back in October? November?) and we found out he has a genetic disorder, where the cartilage separating the bones and skin in his stifle wasn't there, and so every time he moves it's painful. He started getting more and more lame and now he's just a pasture horse. His right hip is flatter than his left, because the muscle is slowly deteriorating as well. He'll eventually have to be put down. :(
That's really sad! I have never heard of that in a horse before but do know a human who had that happen. Very painful.
Post a Comment