When I log into blogger today and open up the Fugly Horse of The Day blog, I see a post about Equine Affair. I decide to not look at it, but then promptly change my mind and while scrolling through it, came across a stallion named Dry Doc's Blue Cowboy. Wow. I was stunned.
Not in a bad way, though. This is a blue roan stud that actually had a butt. He's overall pretty conformationally correct. And not only does he have a butt; but it's a very, very handsome butt. A big, muscled QH butt that every mare owner dreams of. And damn, he can jump, work cattle, barrel race, trail, reining,... pretty much everything you can imagine. There are pictures all over the place of him. And what's his stud fee? Only $750. Can you believe that? It's way too good to be true. In fact, I don't really believe it at all; there has to be SOMETHING wrong with this stud. Something. Anything.
My point was, I am in love with this horse. If I ever, ever choose to breed a QH, I want it to be to this stud. I wonder if he's HYPP N/H? That would explain his low price for such good quality. Anyone else have any info on this stallion?
2 comments:
Nice looking guy - although I don't care one way or the other about the color - I don't care about color in horses, just structure and temperament. His pedigree has a lot in common with Drifter's - he also goes back to Doc Bar on the top and has more classic lines on top and Jet Deck on the bottom. He even looks a bit like Drifter (still hoping all goes well and he comes home with me in March).
Normally I don't pay too much attention to color either, but the mere fact that he was blue roan and that his conformation wasn't too shabby kinda stunned me. Normally, blue roans I see are run-down, conformationally incorrect, and have bad attitudes. The fact that this horse is a stallion stunned me further.
Hope all goes well with Drifter! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures with him.
Post a Comment