First of all, I couldn't try on my boots because my brother left them outside in the rain (he was 'playing' in my NICE HORSE SHOW BOOTS THAT COST LOTS OF $$$) and they were soaking friggin' wet. ='( So, I just got to try on my hunt jacket (navy blue), my jodhpurs, and my white shirt. FUN (not)! I'll bet ya'll are just wondering what I look like in this ensemble, so here's a picture:
Happy? Good, because I'm happy! The jacket is too small, so my mom ordered a new one, this time in black (the one in the picture is actually navy blue, even though it looks black) because now my jacket has to match Tarzan. =) The pants fit, but Mom ordered me another pair so that I can ride in one pair and show in the other. Mom also bought me a long-sleeved white show shirt, so that if it's a chilly day on show day, then I can wear that shirt along with the jacket. Also, Mom ordered me a new pair of boots, since mine don't fit (I finally stuck my foot into the squishy, wet boot and it took 15 minutes to get the dang thing off) anymore. Finally, mom also has to order me new gloves. The total comes up to over $200. Expensive, huh? Money is just one of the many things we sacrifice for my hobby. ;)
Wearing those clothes brought back rushes of memories. The best memory that they brought back was the Buckeye Morgan Horse Show. At Buckeye, the entire EAY (Eathan Allen Youth) group slept in a stall (there were 7 or 9 of us...)! It was so cool! All I know is that it's awfully uncomfortable, though, to wake up to find wood shavings in your clothes! LOL! I remember chowing down M&Ms, which have been declared the official food of EAY. =D And, finally, I remember that one night at Buckeye (it was a three-day, two-night show) I went to give Emmy a good-night hug and found her lying down in her stall, asleep. Her legs were tucked under her and her eyes were closed. It was so peaceful, and it took my breath away. If only I'd gotten a picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment