You know what always rocks? When you get wounded! Okay, soooo yesterday (Friday, March 19, 2010) I went out to the barn and got to LUNGE Tarzan before riding him! Now, I'd had my doubts because of my last lunging experience, but I just chilled out and took a few deep breaths before sending Tarzan into the never-ending lunging circle.
Well, it didn't start out very well, ya see. Tarzan flipped out and took off at the fastest trot EVER, and I dropped the whip. As soon as the whip hit the ground, Tarzan calmed down and slowed his trot a bit. After that, I just used my verbal commands to instruct our pony on what to do. During Tarzan's flip out, though, the lunge line got wrenched around in my hand, and I got a half-inch cut at the base of the inside of my thumb. OUCH! Thankfully, though, the cut is on my LEFT hand - so that's the only bright side of that half-inch cut. It bled for about a half hour before clotting up and it stopped bleeding. After our rocky start with lunging, the rest of the exercise went well... Tarzan responded perfectly to verbal cues and I believe he has come a long way since we first started. =D
Our ride was calm and quiet, because only one of the two lesson kids that I ride with was there - the girl who WAS there is named Isabelle, and she brought with her pictures of the horse she's going to buy. Her horse's full name is Made To Order, but her 'barn name' is Maddie. She's a Gypsy Vanner who will be turning 3 years old soon, and I am SOOO JEALOUS of Isabelle! =P Anyways, our ride was pretty uneventful... but Isabelle learned to canter on April!! April was a great teacher, and Isabelle did extremely well for her first canter! Yesterday was one of those days where I felt that anything could happen and not spoil my good mood. =D Thank goodness for good moods. =P Well, that's pretty much the events of yesterday's time at the barn.
What are you doing still reading this? It's a sunny (Haha! Get it? It's a SONNY (as in the horse) day outside! LOL) day outside, and you're sitting on the computer! Get your butt out of that chair and go kick a kickball around outside or throw some football or something. Do something active, and I'll report back later! Cya later, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment