Is there even such a thing as Spring Fever? Well, if there isn't... now there is! The warm(ish) weather is making me restless! The past week or two have been so warm, that every day that I'm not at the barn riding, I am pacing around the house waiting for the hours to tick by so that I can go out and ride!! This weather is so nice, if only the ground at Victory in the outdoor 'arena' was dry & flat! Are any of you itching to go outside and do something that you enjoy doing, yet you can't because you're cooped up inside? I would drive myself to Victory to ride if I could... but I don't like to break the law. ;)
On another note, I have a bit of randomness that I'd like to include here.
Last Wednesday night (I believe the date was March 17, 2010) Erica and I rode, just the two of us. I, of course, rode Tarzan to begin with and Erica rode Sonny. Tarzan was a little bit of a butt, but geldings will be geldings. =P We got a bit of a good ride in, though.... before he turned into a butt-head. Sonny was a good boy for Erica, and after we finally got Tarzan to un-butt-ify himself, we put Tarzan away and I rode Sonny.
I rode Sonny because one of Erica's lesson students, Ann, was going to canter on Sonny for the first time. Well, Erica wants to start Ann off by cantering Sonny on the lunge line. So, I had to be the guinea pig and canter Sonny on the lunge line. Sonny did well, like the good little pony he is (sometimes), and I learned a new trick to help keep my legs in place while riding. I also learned to be able to sit my canter a bit easier, because trust me, Sonny can teach you a LOT when it comes to sitting the canter. If you can sit Sonny's canter, you can sit ANY horse's canter. =P When Erica finally decided that she was satisfied with Sonny and I, I got off of Sonny and went to groom Tarzan. Erica had to run into her apartment so that she could change into clean clothes to go to bible study, so I had to groom Sonny as well as Tarzan. What I noticed was that Sonny doesn't smell very good. Now, most of you are probably thinking, Does ANY horse smell good?. Really, horse people are pretty immune to the smell of horse poop and horses and dirt. But every once and a while, you come across a horse that REALLY smells horrible. When I pointed this out to Erica, she agreed that Sonny smells pretty weird.
Alright, I've had my fill of randomness for today. I'll probably blog again tomorrow, to tell ya'll how the ride goes. Ya know, Annika (the little 9-year-old girl who shares a lesson with Claire) won't be able to make it out to the barn tomorrow... so it'll just be Claire and I riding! =D Alrighty, I'm gonna log off of here now, so I can stop rotting my brain with the computer. See ya'll later, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment