Wednesday, March 10, 2010

OMG It's Curly!

My mom and I simply ADORE the Curly Horse! These horses have seemingly 'curly' hair, and I swear it looks as if they had curlers in overnight! They are simply adorable horses, and they're really hard to miss! Here's a story:

Dear mother bought me a blue fleece a while back, and it looked as if it was 'curly'. I had heard of and seen pictures of a Curly Horse, so when I went to school wearing it, I said 'it's a Curly Horse sweater!' Everyone loves that sweater, but some people swear the fur looks more like a blue lamb's fur. ;) Even so, Mom & I still think it looks like a Curly Horse sweater!!! =D

So, that's a little itty bitty story about the blue Curly Horse sweater. Anyways.... I'm going to tell ya'll something. There is a special Curly Horse stallion that is, literally, one of a kind.

Spot O' Rust - a.k.a. "Rusty" - is a 5 year old, 15 hh leopard appaloosa Curly Horse stallion. Rusty, amazingly, is the only ABCR (American Bashkir Curly Registry) registered leopard appaloosa Curly Horse stallion in the continental U.S. He is, in fact, up for stud - you horse people know what I mean - and he has very fluid movements. By the look of some of the videos taken of Rusty, this stallion has excellent confirmation and very fluid movements that aren't jerky or stiff-legged like some Curly Horses I've seen.

That's about it about Rusty. To learn more about him and see some more pictures, go to the Noblewood Bashkir Curly Horse website - they own Rusty - which can be found Here. =D Picture of Rusty:

No comments: