"Radar," a Belgian draft horse gelding, stands 19.3 hh (in horse speak). He was, of course, featured in the 2006 Guiness Book of World Records as Tallest Horse Living. He was born in 1998 in Iowa, and today he weighs over 2,400 lbs. Every day, Radar eats about 18 lbs of grain, and 40 lbs of hay. THAT'S INSANE! Any horse person can plainly see that this horse is outrageous and breaks all records.
Now, I've seen the world's largest pig, the world's largest cow, etc., but NEVER the world's largest HORSE! Here's a picture... even though the pictures don't even BEGIN so show the massive size of this gentle giant.
Perdy, ain't he? I sure do hope that he lives to be very old and I hope he has a happy and long life. If I've done the math correctly, then this year (according to the rule that every horse turns a year older on January 1) Radar would be 12 or 13 years old, depending on how you count the years. ;) Well, that was just a cool tidbit of information that I found on the internet! If you'd like some more information about Radar, click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment