Monday, March 29, 2010

Groan

Groan. I don't have much energy or will or happiness in me to write right now, so I'm just going to give a real, real, REAL quick overview of my ride on Tarzan today.

Claire rode Pete, Annika rode April (as always) and I rode Tarzan. The barn doors were open and sunlight was coming through. The day outside was decent, with no rain, snow, or chilly weather, just a slight breeze. Today, instead of using the bitting rig to lunge Tar, I just hooked the lunge line up to his halter and off we went. I guess my mind wasn't totally clear today, or I was just not in the correct frame of mind or something - but something was wrong with me. No, not Tarzan. Me.

I watched my length and tightness of reigns, so Tarzan didn't do his stop'n'go thing unless I got agitated and overreacted. ;) One point for Tar. I have to admit, Tarzan did do awesome today - we tried to go over poles (didn't work out so well), and we got one single good canter in (we only cantered once...). But, still, I was flopping around the entire time, not concentrating, etc. I feel like I need to just get on some other horse (maybe April or Sonny) and adjust myself before I get back on Tarzan and ride him. Unfortunately, I don't believe that I have that option right now. So, I'm just going to relax, take a few deep breaths, and calm down. On Friday - the next time I ride with anyone other than Erica - I'll go to the barn with a clear mind, nothing bugging me, and just keep my head in the game. I guess that's all I can do for now, isn't it? Guess so! ;)


No comments: