Sunday, March 28, 2010

Things I Need To Do Before May 22

Well, I've decided that Tarzan and I now have a deadline. I've pretty much figured out that May 22nd, the date of our first horse show EVER together, is the day when Tarzan and I will decide if we can work together. So, I've made a list of things Tarzan and I need to do before May 22:


  • Become masters at halter and showmanship
  • SLOW DOWN our canter
  • Ride out in the big field out back at Victory
  • Get rid of Tarzan's stop'n'go problem
  • Get rid of MY problems
  • ride in my show clothes
  • calm myself down
  • get a hold of my nerves
  • THINK before I do ANYTHING!
  • become a master at controlling Tarzan and predicting his next move
  • teach Tarzan that when it's time to work, it's time to work
And now, my list of things to do AT the show:
  • Bring home at least one blue ribbon
  • If not a blue ribbon, then at least a 2nd place (red) ribbon
  • STAY CALM!
  • predict Tarzan's every move
  • STAY CALM!
  • control my nerves/emotions
  • STAY CALM!
  • focus on riding, and not whatever else I have to do later...
  • did I mention stay calm? =D
That's about it. Here's a little random picture to keep ya'll held off until tomorrow's post/review of the ride. Sorry 'bout the rainy day. Don't all of us hate the rain? Or is it just me, because I'm a horse person and horse people hate rain? ;) 
You might have seen this picture before (I can't remember if I've posted it before), but it sure is pretty! If you look really closely, you can see two rainbows. The rainbow on the left is extremely close to the spot where Emmy's buried now. Even though this picture was taken in 2007, it reminds me of Emmy's grave every time I see it, and gives me chills. A beautiful work of art, though! Whoever took it is good with the camera! 

(By the way, I'm going to start posting ads at the bottom of the page, so that ya'll can have some random entertainment when you're bored. Be sure to at least click on the ads to visit the link... IF POSSIBLE! ;) Thanks!)


No comments: