My friend over at Miles On Miles recently posted her own version of a "Short, Depressed Post", and now it is my turn. WARNING: DEPRESSED SADNESS AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Today I'm reeling a bit depressed. I know it's almost thanksgiving, and thats supposed to be a time for caring, forgiveness and thankfulness, sometimes I just can't do it. I'm too sad, mad and depressed. No, not depressed in an emo way or anything, just downright sad.
I have heard of so many horses having to be put down lately, it breaks my heart. Especially because any day, any time, Lucy could be next. Who knows what her hoof problems could bring? Last time I saw her and worked with her, she had a significant but not major limp. I feel sorry for her, knowing that she might never be 'normal' again. What if she can never trot or canter again, like the vet and farrier fear?
I have to admit, no one expected her to come this far. After about two months on stall rest, and then suddenly making a miraculous recovery, everyone saw through her act. She is a tough mare, and I know she'll fight to the end. But who knows when the end will come? It could be today, tomorrow, in a week, month, or year. We never know. All we can do is think, pray, be thankful for what we have and not mourn what we don't.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Enjoy your holiday, however long it lasts.
P.S. Post about he Broken K show coming up soon!;)
3 comments:
This is a dark time of year and I think many of us are prone to feeling down - but that's OK too - just feel it and then let it go if you can. Sending good wishes.
I agree with Kate, the weather is gloomy and so is my mood...the best advice I can give you is go hug a horse...it always makes me feel better, even when I'm REALLY down...:)
Kate and Mare offer good advice. I second the motion to go hug a horse. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family.
Post a Comment