Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recent Rides

I haven't had a load of time to post, and I'm about to head out for Cheif Visit #2 pretty soon, so this is going to be a short post. But HOPEFULLY I can sum up my last couple of rides at Victory before I leave!

Lately, I've been riding Sonny. My goal is to show him in either just regular shows or in 4H (or both) this upcoming year.

Yesterday, I went out with Erica. We arrived, I grabbed Sonny and tacked up. I hopped on, warmed up, and Erica and I jumped a few rounds. Sonny and I are getting so much better - Sonny is finally getting me and how I ride. It's making me so happy! Anyways... then, Taylor arrived and got Dakota (we're calling him "Kota" as of yesterday) and tacked him up. By the time she got on, I was cooling Sonny down so that he'd be ready for Erica's lesson.  I watched Taylor jump while Erica gave her lesson, then Taylor decided it was my turn to get on.

That horse changed between Saturday and yesterday.

He's different; that horse will take care of his rider; he knows what hes doing! Hes a good jumper, it was very very cool. I look forward to riding him again!

On another note, Taylor said shes going to be at my next contesting show at Broken K on Nov. 21. Yay! I'm looking forward to whipping butt! ;)

Alrighty, I'm off to contesting practice. It's just me and Missy today; Lisa can't be there and Troy's out of town. Oh, well! This should be fun. XD

Go kiss your horse, may it be new or old, young or old, or just... in the middle!

No comments: