Long time no post - again. Life has been so busy, what with the holidays and such. Especially today.
A year ago today, Emmy was put down. I woke up this morning and burst into tears. Big tears. Lots of tears. But, I've moved through that and now I am making Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies. Yummm...
What have I been doing since I last posted? Well, to break it down....
SunnyBrook
Last time I was out at SunnyBrook, I lunged Missy. I turned everyone but Missy outside (they'd been inside since the bad storm a while back) and then put Missy in the round pen. I used the lunge whip to help get her moving, but eventually stopped using the lunge whip and just used body language and a few voice commands. She is amazing; I can't get over it.. she's 23 and still kickin'!
I also played with Lucy a little bit. She is amazing, as usual. And hilarious, and pretty, and so expressive. I love how some horses express how they feel so easily, it's truly a gift to their humans.:)
Guess what?!? Ya'll remember that I can't do contesting with Missy, right? Well... guess what I got for early Christmas! Uncle D and Aunt J are going to take me to Workshops, County Fair, everything! I can do contesting with her! Whoooop whoop!!
Victory
Lately, I've been riding Pete. I rode him a few times, and jumped, too. Yesterday, we went sledding in the back field with scoop shovels. Fun!!
---
Alright, I gotta go! Making cookies!
3 comments:
Cookies sound good.
Glad you will get to compete. That's cool.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Hope you had a wonderful Holiday!
Post a Comment