Sunday, December 5, 2010

My New Halter And Lead

I only have two things to say in this post. First of all, I hate snow. It's cold, wet, mushy, and it ruins everything. I used to love snow; that was, like, 7 1/2 years ago, before I got into horses. =) 

See, up until this year, snow really didn't faze me. I would march out in my Carhartt coat and tough it out. Cleaning stalls, brushing horses, riding, doing halter. All of it! We even went to a show when it was snowing once. But for some reason, this year, I just haven't yet made myself do anything in the cold. This is, like, the fifth day of snow here in Central Indiana, and I haven't actually ridden in the snow yet. On Friday, I rode at Victory. I had a failure of a jumping session, but that's okay because we need that once in a while. It was a pretty hard jumping course, too, and we were trying a standing martingale on Sonny for the first time, so I have plenty of excuses. 

Secondly, today was the DC 4H Christmas Party. I went and Sam was there; Carley was supposed to be there, but didn't show up until ten minutes before it was over! We played bingo and musical chairs, and twice Sam and I were the last two people in musical chairs. We almost killed each other. But, we both got prizes. I got two goodie bags, a red halter, and a blue lead rope. Sam got a yellow halter and a purple lead rope. Nifty, right?!? I'll stop talking and show you a picture now. Here it is:


Sorry about the fuzzy picture, it's a phone picture. This is going to be Lucy's new halter and lead... or so its supposed to be. Unless the halter's too small for her humongous face; then it'll just be the halter I keep in the car or in my bag for when I go to the barn. Who knows?! =) 

Have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments: