Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ride On Sonny, Ride On Missy

On Monday, I went to SunnyBrook after school; Mackenzie dropped me off to Troy at the barn because Lisa was still at work, and would be for a while. I hung out with Troy for a little bit, then went and got Missy. I laughed when she tried to run from me when I attempted to catch her - she didn't get very far - and brought her inside. It was freezing cold!

As always, la caballo (read:: the horse) was filthy. I spent, oh, maybe twenty minutes trying to get all of the crud that was packed into her fur and hooves out. Then, I realized Lisa's saddle, Missy's bridle, and my helmet were still in the trailer from the show! So I had to go and lug the saddle, bridle, and helmet from the trailer, up the driveway, down the barn aisle, and into the grooming racks. I literally threw the stuff down and went to fetch the saddle pad. Being quick, I saddled and bridled Missy and led her out to the (soon to be) outdoor arena. 

We had a nice, normal ride. Mostly, we worked on transitions and changing speeds. I noticed that when she's not at a show, Missy has trouble with lead changes. So we worked on that lots, too. It was really, really fun; and I realized that when I was done riding, I was no longer cold. Oh, the magic of a good ride.

Tuesday (yesterday), I went to Victory and rode Sonny. We had an ah-maz-ing ride! Sonny tucked his head, rounded up, sidepassed, did lead changes, and even tuned up his breaks perfectly. It was like a dream!! I have to say, I love Sonny. Though, I'm starting to think that I'm never going to figure out my 4H situation. If anything, I'll end up doing it with Pete. Ugh. Pete and I don't get along, you all know that!

Enough of my rambling, though. Next topic: the fact that it's Diciembre (read:: December). Today was the first day of December, and guess what we got as a little gift? The first real snow of the year! I think we got at least half an inch of snow. It was marvelous, but I still think the only time it needs to snow is the day before Christmas, Christmas day, and maybe the day after Christmas. But before then and after then, it'd be nice if we could skip the snow. Know why? Because when it's too cold, it discourages my mood to ride. Like today; I didn't get to the barn because it was only 28 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Grr!

9 days till my birthday! My bday plans are: 
  • After school on Friday, Diciembre (read:: December) 10th, Hannah (my sis!) and I get to each take a friend with us and we're going to get a second piercing in our ears. I chose Tiffany (who has the same birthday, btw!) and Hannah chose Michaela.
  • Tiffany might get her ears pierced again, too - but I have to help her convince her mom!
  • After we do our ears, we're gonna drop Michaela off at her house and take Hannah to Dad's so that she can have her party.
  • Mom's going to take Tiffany and I to the hair salon. I'm going to get an extension in my hair; a purple streak. Tiffany might get one, too. Not sure yet, though.
  • After that, we're going back to Mom's house and Tiffany's sleeping over. Yay!
I'm so excited. It's the big 13th bday!! What do I want for my birthday? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. =)

Go hug your horse, be it for warmth or love!

1 comment:

Mare said...

Big 13, huh? I loved being 13, it was the best year ever, but I wouldn't relive it for a million dollars (well, maybe a million, but...)...Sounds like you have some fun plans!