Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Okay, Sorry Already

So, so sorry I haven't been posting! But, there's been some obstacles in both my horsey and non-horses life. Why don't I list them for you?

Horsey Issues:


1) Zan has a large pump on his right flank that, thankfully, Meredith discovered at the last 4H workshop. Erica and I have strong reason to believe that this is why he can't manage to pick up his right lead, and why it looks so painful for him to walk/trot/(especially)canter.
2) Meredith and Erica decided to try a new bit on Zan. So, Erica has been riding Zan for at least 45 mins before I ride him each day, and I'm riding (and jumping!) Sonny.
3) Lucy, lately, when I've tried to lunge her, has turned her butt to me and started kicking, trying to 'attack' me. So, we've been working on overcoming that obstacle.
4) I've been working on locating an English bridle (in black or havana brown, at a cheap price) for Lucy along with a regular Dee-Ring or Eggbutt snaffle bit for her.
5) The freaking fireworks are scaring the crap out of the SBS horses - we had to bring Lucy, Grinder, and Missy in last night because they worked themselves into a sweat worrying about the fireworks. Grr.
6) The other day, I went with Uncle D to Garth's farm to bale, stack, load, and unload hay. We took some back to SBS and unloaded it in the hay stall. =)

Non-Horsey Issues:


1) My friends and I had a small fight over something stupid.
2) I'm going on vacation to the United States Virgin Islands on Wednesday (tomorrow, June 7th), and won't have cell service or internet service... so I won't have any way to know if something goes wrong with my ponies. X(
3) I don't have a car, so I can't get out to do stuff I need to do as quickly, and thus rely on my parents to do things such as buy something for the horses or get something to fix the internet on my laptop!
4) The internet went down for a few hours the past couple of days, and so I couldn't post about anything. Rawr.

That's about it. I'm sure I can find some time to add some more, but I'll leave you with this already-expansive list. Hopefully, all of those problems will be able to be crossed off (if not all of them) by the time I'm back from the USVI. For now, adios! I'll try my best to post from the islands (if that's humanly possible), but no promises, okay?

No comments: