Sup? Tarzan here. I'm extremely upset, because my owner is being so strict. I just don't get it; County Fair has come and gone, so whats the rush of things? Can't I learn slowly? Can't we take time, and can't I explode forward and go fast and then stop in my tracks? Why is she kicking me to make me go? I just want to stand here with my head down and have someone rub my ears and brush me.
At least I've gotten two baths in the past week - that's great, especially since the weather has been upwards towards the 90's. Before my baths, though, my owner makes me trot, canter, do patterns and jump over scary things called 'jumps'. The other day, when she had me go over a jump, the jump jumped at me and hit my back right leg. It HURT, so I tried to stop walking on it. After the sting on my leg dulled a little, I walked on it but it still hurt a lot. After I walked, trotted, and cantered some more (at the mercy of my owner), my leg felt much better and my owner was kind enough to give my brother (Pete) and I a bath before turning us loose in the field.
Thankfully, yesterday my leg felt much better and didn't even hurt. I still got sweaty during our exercises, though, and Gabby made me jump a few more courses. Word in the field is that Pete and I have to go to a show at Hartmeyer - Gasp! I remember that place! I was there once with April (oooh la la), Mallory, and Emmy! - tomorrow. Can it be true? Pete said that his rider/owner, Taylor, said that her trainer, Erica, said that she's going to have us jump - actually jump - in the show! How could Taylor and Gabby betray us like that?
Sigh. Maybe we won't have to go to the show tomorrow, since today it's 100 degrees outside and it'll be awfully hard for my brother and I's owners to ride in those thick show jackets and the stretchy pants, with tall boots and a collared and sleeved shirt while riding. Maybe. Just maybe.
Well, I need to go stop Pete and JW from getting in a fight - they're arguing over Mona again. Gotta run!
No comments:
Post a Comment