Oh, my oh my oh my.
We have some very, very skinny horses around SunnyBrook Stables. Two, actually. We have Chief:
![]() |
| We should re-name him Skinny. |
![]() |
| Is it possible to name two horses the same thing? |
Yesterday, at the contesting workshop (which I'm not going to go into details about, since it was horrifyingly terrible and shamed me to death), my friend Brooke introduced me to her QH/TB cross (oddest cross *ever*, can you say woah?), named Skinny. And, god forbid, he's FAT! He's 25 years old, and he fell in love with Missy. I swear, I half expected Missy to kick him in the face, though. And every time Brooke called her horse Skinny Man, Skinny Bob, or Skin, I laughed my butt off. That's the oddest name for a horse ever, no question, and I'm thinking about renaming Missy and Chief, Skinny 1 and Skinny 2. Sigh.
Bringing the horses in last night, I realized that Lucy seriously will try and kill any horse who goes in 'her' stall. Her stall is no. 9, the one she had for her two months of stall rest. When I put her back in the stall, it broke my heart because she pressed her head against the bars as if she was afraid I was leaving her in there again. She gets her shoes re-done today, and I'm scared because I can't be there. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I don't want Lisa to get her temper out of control and accidentally hurt Lucy. I know the farrier has a good head on his shoulders, though, and I'm sure they'll be okayy...
You all understand my concerns, right? Whenever I have to leave my horse in the care of someone else... sigh...
Pleasure workshop tonight. Fingers crossed Pete acts good.
He, at least, isn't skinny.


2 comments:
I couldn't see the pictures. :-( Do you think that Chief and Missy could be suffering a bit with dehydration? Some of the horses where I am get lazy and don't want to leave the cover of the shade trees to go to the watering tubs and they can look skinny fairly quickly.
I'll try the pictures again- andddd... well. I *know* they're skinny because of, well, skinniness, not dehydration, because we had a little *issue* with someone (cough cough uncle D cough) not feeding the horses on their designated nights. So, the horses missed half a week of feed for who knows how long. Missy and Chief suffered the most because Missy's the oldest, therefore prone to skinniness; and Chief's at the bottom of the 'totem pole', and gets kicked off his feed a lot. we've started bringing them in every night, though, and they're looking better.
Post a Comment