Lately, since my last post at least, things have begun looking up.
My dad flew up to the islands where my grandparents (now just grandma) live the Tuesday after fathers day. He helped my grandma, and my aunt and only cousin on my dads side went up there as well. He came home this past Monday, and he's leaving to go back up there on next Wednesday. It's hard to have him gone so much, but I know soon he'll be back home and things will be back to semi-normal - er, as normal as possible after a grandparent/parent pass away.
Yesterday, Annie and Casey came out to SunnyBrook and rode. They had a blast, and Casey's interested in riding more often. I rode Miss T/Misty, and it was a blast even though she was being a... er, butt head. :) I rode at Victory at Monday, and had a workshop. Erica's training a realllly cute TB/Welsh mare named Birdie to jump for a girl at a barn down the road from Victory. The horse is for sale... *sigh*... "if only I was a few inches shorter...". ;)
Tomorrow, I get to get up at 6 am to go watch Erica ride Birdie again, and then we're going to ride... I think I get to see Isabel. :) It's been FOR FREAKING EVER since I saw her, Grace, and the rest of the crew. I miss my friends..
Speaking of "friends". Taylor's moving Kota back to Victory, apparently. They're "not getting what they want" from the other barn, so they're coming back.
I haven't seen Charlotte since Joe was put down, but I hear she's doing better.
Tomorrow, I also get to give Zan some much-needed love. I miss him so much.
Overall, things are looking up.
As terrible the circumstances, life is freaking good.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that things are turning around! Friends are so important and it's good that you are able to spend time with some of yours. Friends and horses - the magic combo to make things so much better. :-)
Post a Comment