Sunday, July 17, 2011

County Fair, 2011

Wow, I'm extremely tired. Since I've been going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6 am for the past week and a half, I think I'm going to just tell you guys my County Fair results and be done with it. I'm cranky, exhausted and ready for bed.

Friday - Contesting 
Poles: DQ. We sped through the pattern, and knocked down the last two poles. If we hadnt knocked the poles, we would've won the class. Sigh.
Barrels: 1st place!!! We had a time of 20.667 seconds. Brilliant! Missy did everything I asked her to do, and it felt so AMAZING! Pictures coming soon. :)
Flags: 4th place. We ran well, but the flag bounced out of the dirt. Happened to all but three people.
Keyhole: 5th place. We did well, would've won but her back foot got the line. :(
Speed & Action: 3rd place. We did REALLY good but turned around the cones really wide, otherwise we would've gotten 2nd or 1st. Sigh.
Catalog Race: 9th place. Bahahahahaha. I did well, but the page I needed stuck to another page so it took me a second to get them unstuck. As I went to get back on Missy, the guy holding her said "Don't forget to close the book." I hopped off, flipped the book closed, rolled my eyes and said "Closed. The. Book" and then just bolted outta there! hahaha.
Egg race: No place. Too many people lost their eggs at once to place the top ten, but Bre and Olivia did pretty well, they were in the top 3. I lost my egg at the trot when Missy tossed her head. Fun stuff!

Saturday - English
Halter: 2nd place. Kristen beat me with her Arab. -.- Grr. Sigh. But, Pete did awesome and looked pretty spiffy too!
Showmanship: 2nd place. Bre beat me again and we actually remembered the pattern! Hahahhaa. Pete didn't pivot though, Bre's horse did.
Pleasure: 2nd place. Bre beat me, freaking again. Pete was good, but did a really weird head tossing  thing? Sherry mentioned she needed to make an appt to get his teeth floated again.
Equitation: 1st place!! Pete was AMAZING, did everything right and I had really good position! :) I was soooo proud!
Jumping: Oh boy. The judge didn't know jumping, had to pull out the fair book. She put the jumps at maximum height and made them in-and-outs. We didnt get warm up jumps, Pete had four minor cuts on his back legs from a weird jump where he blowed through it, and we got disqualified. Whatever. Pretending it didnt happen...

Good weekend, overall! :)

No comments: