What I DO want to do, though, is go back over my goals for March.
If you look back at the post, you'd notice I only had 7 goals. Well,.. I'm not very good at achieving goals. Let's just say that we didn't do too well on them for March....
Become more confident in my riding. I tend to be the person who comes off as tough (at least to the horse) but gives in to the horse's persistence instead of toughing it out. I'd like to become more confident and be able to gently ask for what I want from my horse and then reinforce the 'asking' with 'telling' if need be. But I most definitely don't want to be the un-confident rider that backs down at the slightest threat.The above goal was goal #3 for March. Honestly, I think I took a good step towards it. I haven't backed down in my riding one single time since I set that goal, and I'm very, very proud of that. Even working with Misty - who is vicious and bossy sometimes - didn't make me fear for myself. I felt confident in everything I did; even trying to get Missy and Chief to cross the river at SunnyBrook. There are no words for how proud of myself I am.
The other goal I think I took a step toward achieving?
Work more with Missy. We haven't been doing very much work lately and I'd like to ride more, and especially do a lot of halter work. If possible, I want to do halter or showmanship in 4H with Missy. That, of course, takes practice, and practice is work. So, I want to work more with Missy both under saddle and in-hand.Yes, that's right. I've worked a little more with Missy than I did all winter long. Now, that comes from me - who hasn't been out to the barn in a week - but, I still think that we're getting towards the schedule we need to be on. After all..
First show is first week in May! Circle X baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment