Lucy gets shoes on Wednesday.
After two and a half years of lameness problems after we 'rescued' her, she's finally getting a chance. She might have been just eating up money, food, and time for those 2 1/2 years, but I can say one thing in full confidence:
There's hope.
I'm so excited. I hope that next year, I can use her for at least walk/trot in 4H. The farrier says in 8-12 months, she should be safe to ride... That's my hope. Just walk/trot. Screw cantering. We don't need to be able to canter. I just wanna be able to use my baby. :/ And hopefully, I will be able to. And since she's mine, I wouldn't have to lease her and I could still use Missy and Pete. But... I'm getting way ahead of myself. We need to handle this year in 4H first.
So far, my plan for 4H THIS year is to use Missy for at least contesting,.. we're thinking about WP and halter. With Pete, I'm for sure doing HUS, not sure about jumping or halter yet. Sigh.. I wanna do it all, but it'd be a ton of work.
Right now, though, all I can think about is Lucy. All of the things that we've had to get through, all the problems we've had, and everything we've gone through... finally, she's getting a chance at life. Everyone in the world who told me to put her down, or give her to a rescue... ya'll can shut up. Cuz guess what?! SHE HAS A CHANCE. There is hope. The thought of being in the saddle again, on Lucy, makes me happier than anything has in a long time. I think that now, after her lameness and all of our work that we've done on the ground and just all our bonding time we've had; I think she trusts me. Now, when something is scary, and I stop her and talk to her for a minute, she knows it's not scary. If I don't freak out, she's fine. She trusts me. I'm her leader. Her owner. Her 'person'.
And that makes me more proud than anything else.
1 comment:
Well, she sure is pretty. I hope the shoes help. She is lucky to have you as her person. :-)
Post a Comment