Swinging on a rubber band! If you went to Camp Crosley with the 4th/5th graders at Burris, you know that I'm talking about a song that we sang. You know...Tarzan has a tan, and Jane's in a plane, and cheetah is valveeta. It was a cool song...we sang it when we were waiting to be let into the Dining Hall for breakfast or lunch or dinner or something. :)
Anyways. Tarzan is my new 'project'. As you know my horse Emmy died on December 22, 2009 (R.I.P Emmy), and I had been a bit down. To cheer me up, my horse trainer Erica Frazee let me help out with her horse Tarzan. Tarzan is what we horse people call 'green'- he's not had that much training, if any. Tarzan happens to be ride-able, but isn't ready to let lesson kids ride yet. So Erica let me work with him. I have to ride him a minimum of Monday-Wednesday-Friday, and more if I want/need to. I have to get him calmed down and train him so that he's ready for lesson kids and for summer camp and stuff.
Tarzan's name used to be Cante (SHAWN-tay). His name was Cante for 6 or 7 years, until last year when Erica was riding him on a trail ride and he ran into a tree. I know, I know, George Of The Jungle is the one who ran into the tree, but George was too plain of a name. Sooooo Tarzan it was. Have YOU got any funny stories or horse experiences to share about horses like Tarzan or even dogs or cats that are funny? Please share! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment