Emmy was 19 years old when she died. She died December 22, 2009, because she coliced (her intestines twisted very painfully). Emmy was diabetic and had a lung problem; she had been doing fantastic the day before she died. She had looked pretty and perky, had been running, and showing very good signs. But on the morning of Dec. 22, Emmy was laying down and standing up over and over and over again. She kept pacing and was acting very strange. The veterinarian, Dr. Witsell, came out and checked on her. Then he left. But soon, he had to return; Emmy was in very bad shape. She was given a whole bunch of pain medication, and she was still in so much pain. So, finally, after quite a struggle, Erica's family made the decision to put her to sleep. So, Edward's Emmalee, "Emmy" was laid to rest in the back field at Victory Stables.
Now you know Emmy's story. But I just want all of you to know just how special Emmy was to me.
When I started riding in Saddle Club when I was 5 years old, I was enthusiastic. I rode a few horses and my favorite was Emmy, hands-down. Every time that I was given the choice to pick which horse I would ride, I picked Emmy. Always Emmy. Emmy was very special to me, and I rode her for six years. Yes, six years. That's a long time, guys. We're talking - what? - over a thousand days in six years? If ya'll don't think that by sticking with a horse for six years, I showed love and dedication to Emmy, then YOU NEED HELP! Anyways, I stuck with Emmy for six years of my life, guys!
Emmy was a magnificent horse. She was short - just 13.3 hh (in horse speak) at the withers - and she was a chestnut mare. She was very pretty, and cute! She had attitude, and was as stubborn as anything! Emmy was the first actual horse that Erica's family owned, so she was pretty special. When Emmy was two years old and Erica was two years old, Erica's family bought Emmy. She's been the Barn Queen ever since. Emmy is, in fact, known as the Barn Queen, and has touched many lives. She is very special to me, and I will ALWAYS remember her as my special girl.
Thanks for reading, guys. It really means a lot to me that you would take the time out of your day to read this about my horse, and about horses in general - not many people care. But thanks, for everything. I appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment