Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pictures of the Victory Stables Horse Crew!

Hey guys! I don't think that I have mentioned the info about the stables I go to. I ride at Victory Stables (I can't give out any personal info, like addresses or phone numbers...sorry! You can email me at gefluhler@gmail.com , though, if you'd like the address/phone number). My horse riding teacher's name is Erica. There are (currently) 13 horses that are housed at Victory, 4 of which Erica and her family own. The other 9 horses are boarders, meaning the owners pay for their horses to be kept there and taken care of.

Erica's family used to own 5 horses, but as you all know, on December 22, 2009, Emmy - the horse that I leased and rode and loved - had to be put down. :( Anyways! Erica's family now own only 4 horses - actually, it's technically 3 horses and then a pony...but whatever! - and the horse's names are April, Mallory, and Tarzan; the pony's name is Taco!

April is a girl (called a mare by horse people) and she is black in color and she is very well trained and is a perfect little lesson horse! April is shown in the picture to the left. Sorry the pictures are bad, but you can't get very good pictures of the horses when you're in the barn! Anyways, April is usually the first horse the lesson kids ride, but Emmy would be the first if she was still alive. April is 12 years old and will be 13 in April (the month. confusing, right?).




Mallory is a mare, and she is a color called bay. That means that she is dark brown with black legs and a black mane and tail. Mallory was bought by Erica's sister, Katie, at an auction (or something...I don't know...) a few years ago. Katie started out by working with Mallory a lot, and then as time went on, she sort of gave up on her. This year, Katie has maybe ridden Mallory five or six times. By this year, I mean the 2009-2010 year. Not 2010. Anyways, Mallory is a little...Crazy. She is wild, and LOVES to run. It's almost impossible to catch her in the field, because she won't come to you and she doesn't fall for it when you try and lure her to you with treats. She's super smart, but I guess that's a good thing...right? Erica and I once spent an hour trying to catch her....and we still failed. We gave up. This horse needs work. BADLY.






























Tarzan, is, of course, the horse you've been hearing all about! Need I say anymore? Well, I guess you'd want me to show you a picture of this famous Tarzan, right? Well fine, I'll attach one. I sure hope you appreciate me attaching all these pictures, because they REALLY DON'T LIKE TO COOPERATE!!! I'm just kidding, guys. :) I enjoy writing this for you guys to read.



Taco is a gelding - which is a male horse over the age of 4 that cannot reproduce - and he's black. He's a Shetland Pony, and he's so cute! He's actually 19 years old - which is how old Emmy was - and he is just ADORABLE! Any little kid will just love Taco! We used to joke that Taco had a half-sister named Bell. Get it? Taco-Bell?





Now, some pictures/captions of the border horses that I managed to get pictures of! (NOTE: I couldn't get very many pictures, and these pictures are REALLY old. Sooo they're not very good. But I PROMISE to get some better/newer pictures in the near future!)





Rainmaker, a paint gelding.
















JW, a dun gelding.
























This is Pete! He's a black gelding. And he's Claire's favorite!

















This is Pete, too...tehe!








No comments: