Friday, January 22, 2010

Fantastic Day At The Barn With Claire!

I'm really sorry that I'm writing so many long posts. But that's just how I roll! And this one, I promise, will be more pics than words. Well, let me just say this: I only lunged Tarzan, and I took Claire with me! Luke (my little brother, age 8) rode Taco (he was so cute!) and Hannah (my 2-minute-younger sister...age 12) messed around with the lunge whip. Yes, Hannah looked VERY dangerous with the lunge whip - it scared me, honestly. :) Alright! Picture time! :D







Claire and me, working on putting a halter on Tarzan (the halter was all twisted up, for some reason.....hmmm....)









Hannah, having the lunge whip in her hand and being very scary.











Luke on Taco, me, Hannah, and Claire with Tarzan, and Erica with the red head thinggy standing next to Taco & Luke.











Luke on Taco, with Erica helping along. Aren't Luke and Taco just so ADORABLE?













Tarzan, looking handsome for the camera.










Rascal (a gelding), eating some hay. Did you know that Rascal has one blue eye? Some say that that's a sign of a crazy horse.










Me and Tarzan - Tarzan's smiling.
















Tarzan loves it when I rub his ears and the top of his head & neck. He puts his head down low so that I can reach his head. He's so cute!












This is the picture that's going on my 4H forms - and Tarzan looks so elegant!










This is Mona, a paint mare. She's allergic to flies, so she has to wear special horse blankets in the summer, which cover up her pretty fur. :( Sad face.









This is Tommy, the horse that I rode the other day - you know, when I felt as if I was on top of the WORLD. You can tell this is Tommy (him and Sonny and Joe are hard to tell apart, if you don't see them often) because If you look at his eye, he has one really fuzzy eye. It's his right eye, and he's blind in that eye. :'( Poor boy.







This is Spider, an Appaloosa gelding. I love Appaloosas, so imagine my excitement when this boy came to Victory!








Spider again. He's scared of the camera - I think.















Tarzan, in the cross-ties (now do you know what I'm talking about when I say 'I tied the horse in the cross-ties'?), looking at the camera. He doesn't like being tied up - he's a free spirit!






Me, leading Tarzan out of the arena.












This is Tarzan, cantering while I'm lunging him. This is the most awesome picture ever, in my opinion. At least the most awesome picture of Tarzan. He's very handsome in this picture!











JW, a dun gelding. He's pretty sweet. He's a Quarter Horse, and he's very kind.







Rainmaker, a black and white paint gelding. He's HUGE, I swear. The biggest horse in the barn.














Pete, munching on hay.











Lookin' sassy, aren't I? I'm bearing a lunge whip, and Tarzan is on the other end of the lunge line. But Tarzan was unusually good today - he obeyed commands, and all I had to do was say 'trot' to make him trot. It was fantastic.









I can't believe it! Hannah got down & dirty, to pick a horse's hooves! She got her hands all filthy, and before going to dance! I'm so proud of my sister!

No comments: