Anyways. Missy has a farrier appointment on Wednesday. Lisa's going to be out of town in Florida with Troy, so I have to hold Missy for the farrier (no big deal) while she gets her shoes reset. Grinder lost a shoe recently, but Lisa pulled the other one (it was a front shoe) so I think he'll be fine for now. Lucy's doing really, really well. She's really filling out and losing some winter hair, and looks normal. Her limp has all but disappeared. I'm so proud of her. By my calculations and predictions, here's Lucy's healing timeline for the next few while, if all goes well and as planned:
June 1, July 13, August 24, October 5, November 16, December 28, 2011: Lucy gets her hooves trimmed and new shoes.
February 8, March 21, May 2, 2012: Lucy gets her hooves trimmed and new shoes.
May 2012: I start Lucy back on work with saddle training; re-breaking her, etc.
August 2012: I'm working with Lucy under saddle; at this point, there's still a lot of lunging in the picture, but serious training sessions under saddle at the walk and trot as well.
November 2012: Our training is getting to the point where we can, maybe, start on canter work. Depending on how her feet are holding up and what kind of shoes she's wearing, etc.
February 2013: (if the world doesn't end in 2012, ;) ) We're at a good point to consider show season for 2013, walk/trot. Maybe 4H.
June 2013: We hopefully have our first show as a horse/owner pair.
I really hope it goes like that,but I honestly don't think it will. Horses are unpredictable. But enough about Lucy! I'm getting ahead of myself. Here are some pics of el ponies. Expect to hear from me sometime this week. :) Thanks guys, if you're still reading!
![]() |
| Cookie likes to roll:} |
![]() |
| Chiefie, handsome feller. :) |
![]() |
| My beautiful, beautiful Lucy. I'm so proud of her. We've come so far. |








2 comments:
Still reading and still enjoying your updates! Lovely pictures.
Thanks Wolfie! Good to know there's still someone out there!
Post a Comment