Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Late Announcement

The only picture I ever got of Lynx.
I know this is a bit late, but I forgot to tell you guys that Lynx has left Victory Stables. He came up with an eye inflammation / infection / problem, and since he requires medicine injected both orally and directly into his eye three times a day, he's taking up a lot of time. Victory just can't provide that kind of care, so Lynx's owners decided to move him to a new barn.

The experiences I had with Lynx were all brief. The day he arrived, I was there; unfortunately, the day he left - February 26th - I couldn't be there. When he stepped off the trailer that first day, he was fat and energetic. He pranced, looked all around, and seemed generally excited. By the last time I saw him, though, he was dull and never moved around much. He was at the bottom of the totem pole and got pushed around by the other horses more than I think he deserved.

I don't think Lynx was ever really happy at Victory. He slowly stopped being more active, and always looked sullen. And then the eye problems arose, which just added to his seemingly depressed state. Poor guy. :( I didn't really know what to do. To be honest, I'm glad he doesn't have to be sad at Victory anymore. For being only 8, he had excellent manners when I helped Erica give him his medicine. I felt bad for the poor guy; he didn't have any friends, he took loads of medicine to keep up with his body, and eventually I guess it all just caught up to him and he became depressed or something. Some days, he even seemed scared - of me, of the horses, of his owner, of the barn.. of life. I felt bad for him.

I'm glad he's moved on to another barn -- hopefully, his life there will be much better. I sure will miss Lynx, but I'm glad I got to know him for those few short months. :)

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

I hope the move for Lynx is a positive one and results in a speedy recovery.