To start with, Erica wasn't there when Taylor and I arrived. So, Taylor and I simply grabbed Pete, Tarzan, and Sonny's halters and leads and trudged out to the field. Since I strained my broken arm on Tuesday, I couldn't take two horses from the field and lead them. I was wearing a brace. So Taylor got to take Pete and Zan and I got to take Sonny. Somehow - I don't know exactly how we did it - we got all three horses into the barn and in their proper places without a wreck or any escapees.
I groomed Zan quickly, having put him in the single tie, and threw on the saddle as Erica walked in. I mounted outside after moving Taco and Mallory from the dry lot/arena and walked around.
Everything went well - even the first canter (which was slow, easy, and nice) - until we tried to walk after the second canter. Zan wouldn't listen. He didn't want to bend around my inside leg, didn't want to walk, and didn't want to stay SLOW! He kept twisting and bolting and moving.
Finally, Erica told me to just work on bending. So I did; Erica said she doesn't care what happens as long as he bends and stays slow. So I worked on bending. Mostly, we walked in circles around the center of the arena. But he bent for me. And at the end of the ride, we got a nice sitting trot going. Zan was a bit better. Erica said everyone needs to take a step back once and a while like we did on Wednesday. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really REALLY hope Friday is better than this. It should be, because:
- I get to have lunch with Tay and Maddie first
- Zan gets some chill out time when we work on halter before our ride
- I can talk to Tay about Zan's problems and how she thinks I should fix them
- It'll be Friday, so it should be a good day in general
That's all for now. Dang, that was short. But oh, well, you got the whole point of the ride. The best part of the day was WE GOT SLUSHIES!
No comments:
Post a Comment