Thursday, December 22, 2011

Two Years


you might think i'm a weirdo or a freak, but i'm in love. not with a person, with a horse. my horses are my LIFE. i work hard every day to train and perfect them. i go to a show and run barrels or jump and i go home with a well-earned ribbon. i get up at 4 am sometimes to get my horse ready to take off on a new adventure. i go through happiness and sadness, heartache, heartbreak, joy, wins, losses, disappointment and discouragement. i clean stalls and break ice on water buckets in subzero winter temperatures, and train and bathe horses in 100+ degree weather. i have given blood, sweat, and tears for these thousand pound animals. but in the end, all my hard work pays off. anyone that doesn't have a horse won't understand the dedication to these animals. a true horse owner, rider, and trainer works hard and doesn't mind getting dirty. we work our butts off for something that we don't have to. owning a horse isn't a requirement, it's a choice. and man, i've gotta say it's one of the best choices i've ever made in my whole entire life. because in the end, my horses are my best friends. call me a freak, but it's true. i'm in love with a horse, and nothing is ever going to change that. ♥

------



This was my Facebook status today. Two years ago today, on December 22nd, 2009, I lost a horse and a friend. We put Emmy down. While we were burying her, we found out that my friend Dylan from school had been in a car crash. He had been the only one to die; his siblings and mom lived. These past two years have seemed like forever, and I miss Emmy every day. Not a single day goes by that I don't think about her. She was my first horse, and I had her for 7 years. I will never, ever forget her. She taught me everything I know, and she was never afraid to show me who's boss. Dylan was a peaceful spirit, three years older than me. He was always nice to everyone, and stood up for people when no one else would. He was an inspiration for everyone. 


Emmy and Dylan, I love and miss you both more than anything. Rest in peace. 








No comments: